As a UK registered charity (non-profit organisation), AMEND is regulated by the UK government's Charity Commission and produces annual reports and accounts. It does not receive government funding.
AMEND USA is affiliated with AMEND (UK) but is a US tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity itself (IRS number 90-0885351). If you are interested in being involved with this organisation, please do contact the main representative directly.
Mrs Jo Grey
CEO of AMEND
Board of Trustees
AMEND has a Board of Trustees (Directors) which includes patients, healthcare professionals and other interested parties with specific qualifications. It is the Board's responsibility to set the organisation's strategy and to ensure that the charity operates in compliance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
Interested in becoming a Trustee? Just contact us for a chat!
- Click on the individual links below to find out how our Trustees enjoy and value their volunteer roles
- For more information on the roles and responsibilities of Trustees, please visit the National Council for Voluntary Organisations' website
- Induction and Training is provided!
Our Current Trustee Board (as at 8 May 2016):
Mr Barney Harrison
MBBS, MS, FRCS Eng, FRCS Edinburgh (Consultant Endocrine Surgeon - retired) Past President BAETS
Mrs Catherine Hamilton-Woodthorpe, BSc, FCA
Mrs Gill Underhill
Professor Karim Meeran
BSc, MBBS, MRCP, MD, FRCP (Consultant Endocrinologist, London)
Clinical Excellence Award Winner
Dr Simon Williams
BA, MA, PhD, PGCE, Dep TEFL, PGCertHE
Ms Edel Murphy
Mrs Laura Jones
Mrs Louise Breen, RN
AMEND Medical Advisory Team (AMAT)
AMEND takes its responsibility of supplying accurate information to patients very seriously. As such, the AMEND Medical Advisory Team are imperative to the production of our patient resources such as our website and patient information books. All our advisors give their time freely and AMEND is very grateful for their help and commitment.
Note: AMEND is not allianced with any one particular medical facility and tries to ensure that its advisors are geographically spread in order to provide balanced opinion and information.
AMEND is a member of the following organisations:
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO, UK)
- Specialised Healthcare Alliance (SHCA, UK)
- Cancer52 (UK)
- National Cancer Intelligence Network Thyroid Cancer Group (NCIN, UK)
- Genetic Alliance UK
- Genetic Alliance USA
- International NET Cancer Alliance (INCA)
- Thyroid Cancer Alliance (TCA)
- European MEN Alliance (EMENA)