29th June - 1st July, 2018
The Yorkshire Three Peaks, in the Yorkshire Dales, represents a challenge for the keenest of walkers. To scale three mountains in two days is no mean feat and provides an exhilarating and demanding trek in some of the most spectacular countryside England has to offer. This fundraising event is a tough and rewarding weekend in steep, rugged country, offering an unforgettable sense of achievement.
As part of our 15th Anniversary celebrations, AMEND has organised a bespoke (AMEND-only) fundraising weekend, which means that, if you want to take part, all you have to do is pay a small registration fee (£50) and raise sufficient funds to go (minimum £400 but please aim for a minimum of £500 if you can). AMEND then pays the bill from the funds raised and benefits from any extra funds.
The adventure begins on Friday 29th June, with arrivals at the Philpin Farm family-run campsite from 4pm and dinner with your fellow climbers at 6pm. If you have a long journey or have trouble taking time off work, arrivals after this time are fine. The briefing about the challenge takes place at breakfast the following morning. The campsite has WIFI so you'll be able to post those all important challenge updates to make your friends jealous!
What to do if you're interested in taking part:
- To view the full itinerary and download all the details click here
- To see the campsite click here
- Review the required Kit List - Click here to view
- Register! - Click here to go to the registration site (don't forget to return to this page afterwards!)
- You will need to complete a medical questionnaire but well-controlled MEN should not exclude you from taking part
- Start fundraising! - Click here to go to Virginmoneygiving and set up your online fundraising page (link it to AMEND's event)
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Jo or Helen in the office.
We hope you can join us!
*This event is organised by the award-winning, AITO and ABTA approved, Discover Adventure